Face masks can be a highly beneficial addition to your beauty regimen, delivering highly concentrated actives, vitamins, and nutrients to the skin, helping you glow from the inside out. Select your face mask based on your specific skin care concern; whether you’re looking to hydrate your skin, remove excess oils, or minimized the appearance of pores, cosmetic face masks can do it all! Treat yourself to a spa-like experience, all from the comfort of your own home.
What are the Benefits of Using a Cosmetic Face Mask?
Face masks are occlusive, which means they create a physical barrier to lock in beneficial ingredients, helping them be more effectively absorbed by your skin. The type of face mask that you choose will determine the ingredients and the benefits upon your skin.
Below are some of the targeted benefits of each of the active ingredients found in our cosmetic face masks:
Hyaluronic Acid– Helps repair the skin from damage such as sunburn and other forms of inflammation. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful humectant (moisture binding ingredient) that keeps the skin plump and hydrated giving a younger looking appearance. It provides lubrication to the connective tissues of the skin and can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water. When you use a mask with hyaluronic acid you are helping your skin to heal itself with soothing moisture and anti-inflammatory properties.
Collagen – The collagen used in our Cosmetic Face Mask is specially treated collagen (atelocollagen), which allows it to be more readily absorbed by the skin. It is a protein make up of amino-acids which improve connective tissues, skin, hair, and nails. Collagen adds plumpness to the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
CoQ10 (co-enzymeQ10) – A fat-soluble substance resembling a vitamin that protects the skin against signs of aging. CoQ10 acts as a strong antioxidant to fight harmful free radicals which are one of the major causes of aging. It also protects against premature aging from over exposure to sunlight.
With regular use of the Osumex Cosmetic Face Mask as part of your skin care regimen, you’ll soon start to notice the following key benefits:
- Hydration and moisturization of dry, parched skin.
- Refining of large pores.
- Improvement of skin texture and elasticity.
- Absorption of excess oil and dirt.
- Unclog blocked pores, helping to minimize breakouts.
- Reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Among others!
How to use and when to use Cosmetic Face Masks:
Follow these 4 easy steps for the most effective application of your cosmetic face mask:
1) Wash your face as per your normal skincare regimen. Do not apply lotion.
2) Open the sachet containing the face mask and apply to your face, carefully contouring the mask around the eye area. Apply the mask from forehead down to cover the entire face.
3) Once the mask is applied, maintain a relaxed face and allow the mask to sit for about 15 minutes.
4) After 15 minutes, remove the mask from the top to the bottom of the face.
For best results, use the cosmetic face mask at night before bedtime to hydrate the skin, remove excess oil and to improve your facial appearance. Results may vary depending on the individual’s skin specific conditions, age, and dietary habits.
Most users should notice a difference and improvement between 5 days to 2 weeks. It is recommended for daily use, at least once if not twice a day.
Precautions for Use:
- Do not apply if open wounds or rashes are present.
- Consult with a physician if you have known skin allergies.
- If you develop a rash or other abnormal symptoms after the first application of the cosmetic face mask, consult with a dermatologist.
- Do not apply closely around your eyes or mouth.
- If the mask makes contact with your eye, flush the eye with ample amounts of water immediately.
- Do not exceed the 15-minute time limit for mask application.
- Do not sleep with the face mask on.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Store at room temperature, avoiding extremely high or low storage temperatures.
- One time use only. Do not reuse masks.
- Apply immediately upon removing mask from its sachet.